Thursday, December 10, 2009

Luxe Espresso

New cafe opened in New town.. how can i miss it? The cafe is called "Luxe espresso"


I went there a bit early... about 4 tables at that time.


The tart looks like the one from Bourke street bakery, so I eagerly tried the rhubarb tart.


came with my skimmed cappuccino, not bad.





The tart was yummy, a bit flakier than Bourke street bakery's and the fangipane got some almond chunks in it. (I didn't mean which one is better, both are good in its own)



The menu.



The breakfast & lunch menu on the board looks interesting, wait to come again with more people.




It is the next door of Campos


Luxe Espresso
195 Missenden Rd.,
Newtown, 2042

8 comments:

Simon Leong said...

definitely looks like a bourke st bakery rhubarb tart to me. did you ask if it was?

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Simon : at first I wondered but when I tasted, I think its different... mmm,maybe I am wrong, I will ask next time though :D

Sarah Winehouse said...

Looks nice and fresh, will keep a lookout next time I'm in Newtown! The area looks nice too.

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Sarah : The sandwiches look great aswell.. wanna try ^ ^

missklicious said...

The tart looks great!

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Ahh looks like a nice little stop for coffee and cake Ja! :D

panda said...

you usually get a muffin! do they have muffins here? anyway, i just finished reading eat pray love as well and loved it :)

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Panda : haha.. I took away muffin :P I haven't finished the book yet... I got it 1 year and a half already..